Saturday 17 April 2010

Beagles, beaches and bbqs...

So today we took the pooches to the beach - Millie the Scottie got to stay at home cos she's the old lady of the bunch, and the plan for today was to let the younger two off their leads and let them run without running into too much harm (I don't know if it's a Beagle thing, but the younger two are RUBBISH at coming back when they're called!).

So we headed out with bunches of treats in our pockets (this is the old man Beagle, Alfie, who at the age of 7 has now figured out that he will get a treat if he comes when he's called)
This is Ellie, the mum of the three, here pretending that she is a good girl and will come and see you for treats...
Alfie again, being a good dog for his treat...
... and this is my fiance and my stepdad pegging it after Lucy the puppy and Ellie her mum, when they decided to streak off into the distance and around the corner...
...this is a muddy pair of Crocs halfway down the beach while waiting for everyone to come back...
...and after the drama, this is Alfie....
...Lucy...
...and Ellie, all tired out for the day.
This evening we had a bit of a bbq with my fam before Gav headed out for the evening, and after catching the beginning of the new series of Britain's Got Talent (strangely addictive, every time!), I got down to some crafting. I am practicing some card-making; I get really anxious every time I need to make a card for someone because I am worried about what to do!
I think I might need to shop for some more stamps... watch this space...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a great time at the beach, even with the doggie drama! How cute are those pups!!! :)


I love your card! You have no reason to be nervous at all! I really love the stamping and you can never have too many stamps so buy some more!! :) I love the colors of your card and the ribbon is gorgeous too!

Jaime Haney said...

isn't life grand with pets? yours are too cute. I love your card! keep making more... just beautiful. You really have a knack for that.

Jennifer Williams said...

Such cute pups!

I kept eyeballing the ground in your pictures though. It looks so peculiar! Does the ocean always to that to the sand?

Michelle said...

Oh Gayle, love your pup story!! Yes, it is a beagle thing not to come back.. My Cavvie pup does the same thing when he is after a bird.. he is a spaniel after all! LOL

I love your card too!! I think your work is wonderful!!! I don't think you have anything to be anxious about!! This one is beautifully put together! I love the design and ribbon as well (I have ribbon just like that that is a mix of purple and green!) And I love the flower!!

Kristin said...

What a fun day (chase and all) with the pups, they are adorable!

Love the Card, looks like you found another thing you do very well!! The papers and embellishment colors are perfect!

tea_bag said...

dogs and beaches bliss alma

Love the card