Tuesday 8 February 2011

Wednesday waffle...

I have been doing a lot of art journaling this week; is it wrong that I am more motivated to do that than my stats coursework?? Probably not most of you might think :) if someone, ANYONE would prefer to crunch numbers than to mess around with paint and pens, please give me your secrets, at least for a little while :) I will return them in pristine condition, no stains or cracked spines :) I will just be EVER grateful for the short-term loan!

I need some help! Has anyone read the Anne Rice vampire books?? Without reading them again because really, I SHOULD be studying some statistics :/ I have made a page which is just perfect for the picture in my head of one of the scenes, but I can't for the life of me manage to google anything successfully which might tell me where it was LOL volunteers please??

I am depriving myself of sleep this week but somehow still functioning, the New Moon is making my last week or so of my current job some of the most interesting days of my time there(!) and all I want to do is art journal. I will never make a researcher! Wish me luck ;) I need to get a new battery for my camera so at least I can share some pictures until I finish one of the three journal pages I have on the go!

Happy hump day peoples, the weekend is on its way :)

Gayle xx

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your Wednesday Waffles!!! I don't blame you for wanting to play with paint than numbers. Stats class can be no fun!! It's a tough course! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Unknown said...

Gayle, I hope your last days at your current job go well. I bet all the art journaling is just a nice release!!! Love ya!

humel said...

lol! I'm a mathematician and I can't get that motivated about stats....

Kristin said...

I ditto Michelle's comment, I very much look forward to your Wed. waffles...now if they were actual waffles, oh banana waffles, yum :) I am glad you have your artjournaling to relax you, may it get you through the next tough week, I am sending you a battery in the mail so I can see pics :) luv ya!

dianapena8 said...

Anne Rice's Vampire book fan over here!! of course I read them like 10+ years ago, so don't think I'll remember much.
Funny thing, my 23 year old cousin (who I happily discovered is so much like me) is also a fan, he is reading Lestat right now, we are going to have our own long distance book club starting with The Queen of the Damned, I'll be re-reading that one, and plan on re-reading the previous 2.
Tell me about the scene you are looking for, maybe he can help ;)

gayle said...

Michelle and K, I am lucky you both like waffles! lol! Mel, thank goodness I am not alone in lacking maths motivation! I admire you for your chosen path in teaching it ;)

Di, can you help me?? I want to know the part of the world where there is a vampire who acts like a god, people are lining up to sacrifice themselves to him in a temple on a mountain, something to do with blood sacrifices - can't remember the name of the vampire or anything! But found an image in a magazine which fitted it perfectly :)