Saturday 10 April 2010

Weekly posting?? Terrible!

It's true! I am managing a post once a week only! Terrible indeed :) and I definitely need to come and visit everybody and leave lots of blog love too :)

We had lots of family visiting with us over Easter weekend and it was really lovely to have that family time, not just with those close to us but people that we don't see so often. I couldn't help but think of my nan though - usually some of us go to visit her every Easter but she is still having work done on her house after the burst pipe at Christmas so she doesn't have anywhere to put us just yet.

Easter weekend with its extra two days of holiday put an extra couple of pounds on my butt as well! Why is it when you have visitors you have to cook stuff to fatten them up LOL my mum found a recipe for Thornton's toffee apple pie - oh MY goodness! - and that was without the other two courses for dinner, plus rhubarb crumble, ice cream, and chocolate eggs - yikes! I have been like a total slug all week! But got out of the house today for an hour walking the dogs, must take a camera down there because it was so beautiful! I know that I couldn't take as good a photo as my friend Michelle, but she would really love the scenery down there :)

So to crafting! I am excited to start working on something for The Scrappy Tree Steampunk Swap - I have never tried steampunk but I really like the style, and receiving a piece of art in return for the love and enjoyment you put into your work is always a wonderful bonus :) if you fancy giving it a go, send it off to Kristin by the end of the month - details here.

This week I got some great collage images and they were just the right size for ATCs - the temptation was too great and I just had to do it :) I adore ATCs and just haven't devoted enough time to them lately!

This is a journal page from last weekend, I was having some fun playing with pastels and bright colours and this is what jumped out of my brain (via my left hand, which is why it's kind of fuzzy LOL)
I have another page I'm in the middle of (again from last weekend) and there's something very Alice-like about it - I guess that even though I haven't seen the film I am still on that wavelength on some level ;)
Last weekend I felt my brother needed a bit of a lift, so we went to see Clash of The Titans on the Friday (good film, but not necessary to see in 3D), and for the third and final time before it left the cinema, yes, I went to see Avatar in 3D again! :D my brother had seen the film but not in 3D, and as I needed no excuse whatsoever to see it again I decided that a cinema ticket would be his Easter present :)

The third time was the charm; we went to a cinema further away from home this time as it was the only place still showing Avatar in 3D. My goodness, the 3D specs were so good that they were alarmed and you couldn't take them from the cinema if you'd wanted to! Absolutely amazing and would have given Disney a run for it's money, the 3D was THAT good :)

Hopefully I will be here again before a week passes! Have a great weekend everybody :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gayle, that atc is totally gorgeous!!!!! You rock them! I also love your art journal pages. The pastels are so beautiful!

I have never heard of such security for 3D glasses! :) I bet it was awesome!

Michelle said...

I am with Julie!! I have never heard of that either for 3D glasses!! I am glad you enjoyed the movie.

I was wondering how you were!!! Haven't heard from you here or anywhere else!! Glad you had a great Easter!! Even tho it was too many sweets! ;)

Please do take some pictures for me!! I can live vicariously thru you!! It is my dream to be able hop across the pond and visit you and see everything!! It all looks so beautiful!!!

As for the ATC.. it is just so very beautiful!! I love the colors on the journal page as well!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Jaime Haney said...

beautiful ATC and journal page... I've been devouring my sons Easter candy like it was... well, candy! have a great rest of the weekend... Jaime

Kristin said...

Yeah! an update from Gayle! I love the new ATC and the journal page. I hope everything evens out soon. I know how you feel when it comes to the pressure of updating :)