Saturday 1 May 2010

May Day

It's May Day bank holiday weekend here in the UK - in keeping with the tradition of many of our national holidays, it's raining.

But as a nation, we don't let that stop us.
We had a barbeque, and a few beers; Gav even got a cigar out from our trip to see his dad in Texas last year...
Something about Corona beer with a slice of lime, and the smell of cigars, makes me feel like I'm on holiday :)

Check out this weekend's art journal challenge at The Scrappy Tree and let me know about those sights and smells which get you thinking about summer....

2 comments:

Kristin said...

WOW!! Fun May Day for you two. I hope you had a good day off, you deserve it! Tell Gav, we were both drinking Corona last night :) Adorable pictures, I miss chatting with you! I need to catch up from being sick on the weekend to this journal prompt, be uploading soon.

Love ya,
K

Michelle said...

LOVE the pics!! (I don't know how I missed this post??!!) Glad you had a great MayDay weekend!!