Monday 8 November 2010

I love Christmas...


Christmas is my favourite holiday of all :) I love how everything stops for Christmas, even though it's hustle and bustle right up until the very last minute. I always work on the morning of Christmas Eve, in my job you only have to work until midday. I love coming into work (I always book in a client that I have fun with on that morning!), going to do the normal stuff, having one last Christmas Starbucks and looking at the last of the Christmas craft supplies, and then home to spend a lovely afternoon getting things ready waiting for Christmas to come. We love the evening before Christmas too because we get to open our Christmas Eve present (yes my Mum did this for years to keep us quiet, and still does!).


Why am I blogging about Christmas? Because at Starbucks, the red cups are out :) last Friday my coffee of choice was a toffee nut latte, this week it will be a gingerbread one - lovely! Have to say that as much as I love them, they're not a patch on the Pumpkin Spice Latte, which they don't do in the UK *sob* now that really is heaven in a cup! Mmmmm!!


Scrappy projects this week - I have been working mostly in BLUE...

The blue challenge is still running all this week at The Scrappy Tree and the prize is a good one; 10 chances to win a $10 donation to World Pneumonia Day in your name, plus the top prize entry wins some blue scrappy goodies! I've been taking the opportunity to play with some grungepaper (my flowers REALLY need some work!) and a fair amount of Distress Ink, plus some items I had that were just begging to be altered :)


If you can make something blue this week for World Pneumonia Day, come share it at The Scrappy Tree and you might make a difference to someone's life :) click here for more details.


Looking forward to Hump Day tomorrow! Got Run 1 of 3 out of the way this week; one down, two to go! Thanks Bridge to 10k, so far so good :)


Gayle xx

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha!!! If I could figure out how to convert the currency over, I would mail you some Starbucks gift cards!!! I do not like coffee, so I have not tried them. But, I do love this time of year for Dairy Queen's Pumpkin Pie blizzards. The best ice cream treat ever!! Soft serve ice cream, mixed with pie crust pieces, pumpkin, topped with whip cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. YUM!! I think I need to make a Dairy Queen run now after dinner!!! Hope you are having a great week!!! Talk to you soon!

Jaime Haney said...

Hi Gayle! My mom always let me open all my gifts on Christmas Eve when I got older. We had family to go visit and do another Christmas at there house. I'm kinda feeling more in the holiday spirit this year, not quite Christmas yet, but I do have some harvest decorations out. Speaking of decorations, your blue stuff looks great! I think the flowers are looking pretty good. You have inspired me to alter a few things that I didn't think I liked into something I love! I hope you win that awesome challenge!