Sunday 28 November 2010

Art Journal Friday - November

Had some fun this weekend with red and white paint for the Christmas-related prompt for Art Journal Friday :) kept it really simple and based it on what for me means Christmas is coming - the red cups at Starbucks! I included a few little things in the circles that make me feel a little bit excited about Christmas being on the way :) I find that before these things happen, anything Christmasy just gets on my nerves because it's too early!!



I enjoyed 'recycling' my Starbucks cup immensely :) I bet they didn't know that they make flowers as well as coffee!

I am trying to get more excited about Christmas this year and have my December album all ready to go starting Wednesday :) this year is going to finish well, I am determined!
Have to say I have spent a lot of time daydreaming over the different December/Christmas classes that are available this year - I am going to drop a lot of hints to Df next year that I would REALLY like Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas :) there is a giveaway for this class over at Paislee Press so if you'd like to try your luck head over there and enter! :)
Hope you've had a great weekend :) Gayle xx

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love how this turned out!!! :D This is just so cool!!!! I am determined to make December a great month too. I am with you as well, on things being out too soon. The only thing I like doing early is Christmas shopping.. avoiding the crowds and crabby people!! LOL

Jaime Haney said...

Hi Gayle! Your red and white recycled piece turned out fabulous! I'm with you about being annoyed with early Christmas. Now that Thanksgiving is over though, I'm more into it.

Kristin said...

Yeah, close ups! Love the inspiration and the piece, so cheery (even if it does come too soon)