Thursday 23 December 2010

Welcome to the Christmas Eve blog party!!

It's here it's here!! Welcome to the Christmas Eve blog party!! The snow is still here...

...the tree is up and the presents are out...
...the Christmas village is all lit up...

...the homemade mince pies have been tasted...

...and we've even got Christmas milk!!!

Between us we've had our fair share of falls on the ice over the past week, and some came off better than others (isn't this pitiful?? :-D) ...

...but my Nan has just arrived, we've all finished work and we are ready for Christmas! My Christmas Eve has taken a similar path for past couple of years and I always look forward to it :) I usually have a fun morning at work followed by an early finish, and then home to get the final bits and pieces all together while we wait for Nan to arrive from the other side of the country, and then we spend some time together followed by some wine and some scrapping - life is good! I just love the change of pace and being able to enter that little bubble of Christmas with my family :)
There are going to be a lot of changes over the next year in our home life; among other things, this time next year I will be a married woman! I am super excited to get our wedding date confirmed in the New Year (we have been engaged for over 3 years so it's been a long time coming!) and am looking forward to the time away with our families and friends :) there is more to come so watch this space!
I don't know about you but I feel like Christmas has really crept up on me this year - I blinked and all of a sudden here it is! I don't really feel like I've had the time to enjoy the run-up to Christmas, but I really wanted to make time to enjoy today, so welcome to our blog party! Nine of us wanted to celebrate this final day where everything comes together before the big event tomorrow, so let me introduce the eight to follow :)

Each of these ladies has something to share about their experience of the festive season, so hop on over for a visit! Your next visit will take you across the pond to Minnesota and the lovely Julie, who I believe is experiencing some serious snow ;)
I'm going to settle in with my family and some Christmas movies, but before I go I wish you and yours a very merry Christmas - hope that Santa brings you all you wish for :) Gayle xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Love your post and just wanted to say Merry Christmas!

Sherry said...

Thanks for the invite to the party Gayle! Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding - what an exciting event for the new year!

Your tree and decorations look lovely - sounds like you're going to have a lovely time with Nan. Hope there's no more falls on the ice to come (I went over myself last week, but luckily didn't hurt myself) Even your dog has a little bandage on!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all xx

ps, I have a glass of mulled wine ready for you ;)

Unknown said...

Gayle, what a lovely post! That first picture of Jack Frost on the window is just beautiful. I find that I can just stare at the patterns that Mother Nature gives us in the snow flakes and frost and just be in awe! I have to say that the pic of your Step Dad and puppy with matching casts is quite cute, although I'm sorry they had to fall!! Merry Christmas to you dear friend!! love ya!

Julie

Kristin said...

Hi Gayle!
I am so glad to hear you are home and with the family, scrapping and chatting away with Nan and the plaster pals :) Say hi to everyone for me, I feel like I know them all. Thanks for hosting the blog hop but more importantly, thank you for your wonderful friendship that never disappoints and always makes me smile :) Have some well deserved fun and relax! Love ya lots.

Merry Christmas to All!

Kxx

Tracy said...

Looks very Christmassy! Hope you have a lovely day with no more falls.

Unknown said...

I looooooooooooove your Christmas village: when we move to a bigger house I so need one!
Oh and merry Christmas, of course! xx

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas Gayle!! I am so glad your Nan was able to make it down!!! You tree and Christmas village is beautiful!!! I am with Julie, I just love looking at the snowflakes. Each one so different, but so beautiful!! I have enjoyed so many chats with you over the past couple of years, which started over... my cookies!! :) Who would of thunk?? LOL Give my best to Gav and your family!!! xxxx

dianapena8 said...

HEllo! I hope I am not to late for the party, we just got home 30min. ago from our other 3 parties, I am ready to crash and go to bed, but first I wanted to check in and I have to tell you that I had fun visiting the blogs, after eating cookies, taking a tour looking at all the pretty decorations, looking at beautiful hand made cards and crafts and getting to know Mr. Gingerbread I can say your party rocks :)

Enjoy your time with your Nan and a Merry Christmas to you and you family :)

=Di

humel said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a really lovely day :-)