Monday 11 January 2010

Art Journaling

So I spent Saturday in London with my mum (pics to follow in a later post!), yesterday recovering and scrapping, and today cleaning and cooking!

I finished my first ever art journaling pages; not a patch on the ones I've seen, but I really enjoyed making them and you have to start somewhere, right? :)

The prompt for the first week was to journal about your chosen word of the year (a la Ali Edwards) which was just perfect to start off with as I'd been thinking a lot about this word.

From the prompts for this week (there's a new one every Friday) I chose 'accept' - this was close to my heart this week as I had a claustrophobic few days where I was feeling like I needed to get away from everybody! It was surprising how much making this page seemed to relieve the stress (once I got some time on my own of course!).

For a long time I have wanted some black gesso to play with, and when I went shopping on Friday there it was in the store! Of course I had to have some, and play with it at the earliest opportunity!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Gayle!!! These pages are absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are beautifully done!