Saturday 2 January 2010

New Beginnings

The snow that fell last night left this pretty picture this morning. This is the view from the upstairs window at the back of the house; it really does look lovely with a sprinkling of snow!

I've also finished my first project of 2010, for The Scrappy Tree of course! This will be my 'bliss' book for the New Year. I can honestly say that looking back over the last year, I would have difficulty picking out something good from every month, so I want to make myself a book of happy things to look back on; find my bliss!
I probably had a little too much fun with the front cover of this! Went slightly overboard with the embellishing! :)
I want to start using more doodling and writing on the projects I do this year, so the front cover of my New Beginnings book seemed a good place to start!

Loving these vinyl stickers from Papermania! And the vintage metal from my Secret Santa Kellie! Love it love it love it!
I have spent today eating home made cookies all the way from Wisconsin! Thank you Michelle, they have been absolutely HEAVENLY! I think my favourites were the Rolo ones, the Andes Mint ones, the ginger cookies and the candy cane blossoms! You know what, I loved them all!! I would post a pic but most of them are missing now :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gayle, what a beautiful Winter scene out your way! I am also going to say that your mini album is truly inspirational!!! Gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Gayle, that photo is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing!! What a view!!! I agree with Julie, your mini is very inspiring and I love the idea, finding something positive each month. It is beautiful!! I am glad the cookies survived the trip and were still good!!! I was really worried!! :)