Sunday 3 January 2010

Next year...

It dawned on me on Friday morning that I am getting married next year.

For the longest time I have been telling people that no, I haven't made any wedding preparations because it's 2 years, 3 years, 4 years away! And now all of a sudden, with the passing of a day, it's next year.

Yikes. I have a lot to do.

But anyhoo! In the meantime, more scrapping than I can shake a stick at :) and still I want more! I have joined an art journalling course called The Art Journal Caravan so I am meeting my resolutions head on already :) I am excited about making pieces that are not just about documenting my photos but to indulge my fanciful ideas about doing something 'arty'! I have been slicing up magazines to get as much material as possible, but there are some great digital sheets that come with the Caravan materials so I have plenty to keep me going. It almost seemed like fate that the first week's theme is... journalling your word of the year! I have been giving a lot of thought to my theme over the past few days so I am looking forward to trying to approach it in a different way.

The snow still hasn't melted from trees at the back of the house; it looks like Narnia!
No more snow though so I think I will be fine for work tomorrow (is that a good thing or a bad thing??)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yay!! So cool you found that class!! I am sure you will have lots of fun with it!! This next year, year and a half is going to fly by!! Before you know it, the big day will be here!! I am so excited and happy for you, Gayle! Again, I love that photo you took!! Scenery here doesn't look that pretty!