Tuesday 12 January 2010

London calling...

So on Saturday, my mum and I went to London to see the musical Wicked! It was my Christmas present from my mum this year; I had wanted to see it for a LONG time, ever since I went to New York about 5 years ago and saw that it was playing on Broadway! The Wizard of Oz is one of my favourite favourite films; apparently I started watching it when I was 3!

These pictures are outside the Apollo Victoria Theatre, near Victoria Station in London.

The picture below is inside the theatre; there was a really detailed surround to the stage, with lots of cogs and stairs that the actors used during the show.

This is a closer view of the map of Oz which later went up to reveal the rest of the stage - I loved how the Emerald City was lit up! Plus of course the map looked very scrappy and distressed ;)
And this is me and mum just before the show started, looking a bit tired already from the early start, the mad dashes around the subway stations and the bustling arcade in Harrods! (pics to follow in a later post)
It was a great day and I really enjoyed the show - thanks Mum and Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh this looks so cool!!! I am glad you had a fun time.. I am sure it was a long day and lots of driving!! Did you have fun shopping in Harrods?? Isn't that a store if I remember correctly?

Unknown said...

What wonderful pictures! I am so glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

How fun! What a great pressie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such nice comments! I am really digging your art journal pages! Keep it up! :O) xoxo