Thursday 14 January 2010

Harrods

So on Saturday, I insisted that we had to go to Harrods. Even though I lived on the outskirts of London for a couple of years, I never went to Harrods! Criminal ;)

You know that you're getting near to Harrods just from the tube stations - this is the subway wall at Hyde Park Corner...

We took the scenic route and walked from Hyde Park Corner to Knightsbridge and could soon see the corner of Harrods in the distance! Can you see my mum trying to hide behind a lamp post??

This is the classic picture of those shop windows with the trademark green and gold Harrods colours....

And in the expensive shopping halls, this was one of the light fittings that caught my eye! Isn't it beautiful?

However! We were there for souvenirs so we went to Harrods Arcade!

... where they had sweeties....

...teddy bears....

...and mugs!
Plus these cute little shopping bags that totally reminded me of this month's inspiration challenge on TST! Thought of you Jules :)

A few more pics from this trip to share, but this was pretty heavy on photos today so I'll save them for another time!
VERY excited for the next art journalling prompt tomorrow!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It is so fun seeing London!! Much more fun when it is from someone you know vs. a movie, I think. Britty loves watching the newest version of Parent Trap because they filmed in London as well. So glad you had a great ime!

Unknown said...

I just love all these pictures Gayle! They are wonderful! That bag totally makes me think of the inspiration challenge too! :) Love it!